Things have been nuts here, with all sorts of projects in the works. BUT, late last night, I was inspired by the bottle of Bailey’s in my liquor cabinet, and the box of Mom’s Best Cereal Crispy Cocoa Rice cereal. (Did you know that this is totally glutenfree? And that there are several flavor options that are glutenfree? Woo Hoo!)
Anyway, I digress…I started thinking about crispy rice cereal bars, and the combination of chewy marshmallows and crisp cereal. And Bailey’s. And crispy rice cereal… you get the picture. So I made up some Chocolate Irish Cream Cereal Bars, and they are delish!
These bars are a snap to pull together. Since it uses the whole box of cereal and the whole bag of marshmallows (minus one, which I ate), you almost don’t have to measure anything! And they are so good: chocolately, gooey, crispy, and fun to eat!
- 2 tablespoons Irish Butter (I love Kerrygold!)
- one 1-pound bag of marshmallows (minus 1 marshmallow, which I ate)
- one 13.5 ounce box of Mom's Best Cereals Cocoa Crispy Rice cereal
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- Spray a 9x13" pan with pan spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter, dark chocolate, Bailey's, and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cocoa crispy rice cereal and combine.
- Press into prepared pan (it helps if you get your fingers wet, so the marshmallow-y goodness doesn't stick).
- Allow to set at least an hour.